What does a CTE diploma mean to me?


There are many differences between a Region's and an Advance Region's diploma. One of them is that an  Advance Region's diploma would show that you did way more work than what was required to graduate high school. It shows that you are a student who exceeded in school and it tends to be recommended for students who will attend college after high school. Both diplomas are good but the Advance Region's diploma can save you a lot of time and money because some colleges tend to exempt you from taking certain courses because you have already meet the requirements for the Advance Region's diploma. A Region's diploma requires you to have 8 credits in Math, 6 in Science, 8 in Social Studies, 2 in LOTE and in Visual Art, Music, Dance and/or Theater, 4 in PE,1 in Health, 7 Electives and in total have 44 credits. The exam requirements are of 65+ on the ELA regents exam, 65+ on one math exam, 65+ on one social studies exam, 65+ on one science exam, it doesn't require you to have taken an LOTE exam and 65+ on any additional Regents exam. For an Advance Region's diploma the requirements are to have 8 credits in Math, 6 in Science, 8 in Social Studies, 6 in LOTE and 2 Visual Art, Music, Dance and/or Theater, 4 in PE,1 in Health, 3 Electives and in total have 44 credits. The exam requirements are of 65+ on the ELA regents exam, 65+ on the three math exams, 65+ on one social studies exam, 65+ on Living Environment and one other science exam, 65+on one NYC LOTE exam and 65+ on any additional Regents exam.

Achieving a CTE endorsement would benefit me because it would help me avoid remediation at CUNY and I would only need to complete 2 credits of LOTE instead of the six that are required for the Advance Regents Diploma. The unique benefits of obtaining it through the Web Design Academy is that for each single period that I have it is worth 1 credit but it is weight at 1.1 unlike a regular single period class which is weight as 1.0. The CTE also allows me earn the credits that I need for electives and LOTE. It also helps me by helping me find internships and Job shadowing which is what I need in order to complete the 54 units of WBL that I need. While doing all this to earn my CTE endorsement, I am also having fun and learning new things as I go along and not many people can say that they enjoyed taking a class that would benefit them by earning college credits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference between 300ppi and 72ppi

Lab 6 Reflection

CTE Expo